Tuesday, February 5, 2013

First Snow!

This morning after I got back from conducting class, which started at 8:30 AM (not fun), I made myself some tea and then settled down to do a chapter of reading for history class, which I had forgotten about. Before long, it started raining, and then there was thunder. A lot of thunder. Then the sound of the rain on the window changed to a harder sound, so I thought maybe it was hailing. I went upstairs to the balcony to go outside, and from there decided it must be wet snow. I don't have much experience with snow, so I wasn't sure. In just a few minutes time, it turned more into snow and started piling up on the window, so I decided it was time to take a "break" from homework and go outside in the snow. It was beautiful. And silent.

View of Marktplatz from our front door.
View up our street from Marktplatz
Marktplatz
View from the upstairs balcony.
I'm glad I went upstairs when I did. Before long, it stopped snowing, and the snow started to melt. It's not cold enough for it to be very permanent. An hour later when I was heading to class, the snow in the streets had mostly melted, and was running down the drains. Now it is pretty much all gone. Whatever is left tonight will probably freeze.

Before German class, I snapped this final photo of what was left of the snow. It's a bit blurry, but I was a hurried.

Grace and Peace,
Suzannah


No comments:

Post a Comment