Monday, February 11, 2013

So It Begins...

This morning I went to the Backerei on Hauptstraße that we frequent to get bread for lunch, and as I was leaving I heard music down the street. I knew it had something to do with Fasching, but I figured there was some kind of band playing at the Üniversitätplatz, and that they weren't moving anywhere. I started to head home, but then decided to get milk at the Supermarkt, which is right next door to the bakery and on the corner of our street. By the time I came back out onto the street, there was a small parade coming towards me, and I quickly realized that the music was coming from this parade. I was a bit confused because the Fasching Parade is tomorrow, but I decided I had better run and get my camera so I could take a few photos. Here is what I got!


I got back out to Hauptstraße just in time.

I'm still not sure what this parade was for...

...But they stopped at Marktplatz.

There were about 10 drummers and a several trumpeters.

And then they marched right into the city hall! While playing! I can't imagine how loud that would be.
I expect this is just the beginning. There is much more to come.

Grace and Peace!
Suzannah

No comments:

Post a Comment