Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Happy Nutella Day!

In case you didn't know, today (February 5) was National Nutella Day. I don't know if that is country specific, but it sounds like an American thing to me. But frankly, I don't care. There is a man who has a booth on the opposite side of the church who makes crepes the right way, and one of the kinds of crepes he sells is Nutella. So after dinner, Kristen, Phillip, and I went to the Crepe-man to celebrate national crepe day. It was delicious.


Tonight was also the first night of choir practice. We were told we were simply going to be meeting with the choir director, and so we weren't too concerned because we figured we be there for about an hour and then we'd be on our way. No. Of course it wasn't that simple. First we couldn't find the building we were supposed to go to. Then when we did find the building, we didn't know what room to go to, so we were in the building for almost 10 minutes before we figured that out. But of course, it's not that simple either. Tonight was choir practice. So the whole choir was watching as he met with us and quickly figured out which parts we would sing. Pretty much everyone stared at us for several minutes when we walked in the room and got situated. That was awkward. Of course everything was in German. But it was ok. We are singing a Bach motet for 2 choirs, so the whole choir is divided in two parts. I was having a tough time at first because it has been about eight weeks since I sang in Oratorio, so I was bit out of practice. I finally did catch on again and was actually doing pretty well. I was pretty proud of myself. I'm excited now for the next rehearsal!

Up next: my first cello lesson tomorrow morning!

Grace and Peace!
Suz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment