Monday, August 5, 2013

My Current Art Project

As I mentioned last night, I dabble in various other arts besides music: painting, photography, any crafting really, and cooking (which, yes, I do believe to be an art. Just look at the title of Julia Child's cookbook).

A couple of months ago I found a 24" by 36" canvas, new, still wrapped, at the thrift store. I painted a canvas a little over a year ago for my best friend's wedding gift, and I loved the process. It was a bit tedious because I am a bit of a perfectionist, and I ended making stencils for it, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself. When I saw this canvas at the thrift store, I knew I had to get it, and then just wait for inspiration. Inspiration finally came a couple of weeks ago, which was perfect timing, because that gave a little bit of time to marinate while I finished my class. Now I've finished my class, so let the paint fly!

I started tonight! It's a little rough right now because I'm not a painter, so I need to work on blending the colors a little better. But I'm happy so far with the start, and I can't wait to see it finished!

Here is what I have done so far!


It's not the best photo because I was too lazy to get my camera out, but once everything is said and done, I will take better photos with my camera.

Grace and Peace!
Suzannah

No comments:

Post a Comment