Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Summer Projects

I currently have two running projects, one finished project, and still one more project to go. Well, that's the plan anyways. It is Wednesday, and I am going back to school on Friday or Saturday. I'm not sure which yet...

I made a phone case for my phone... I couldn't find one I like well enough for a price I was willing to pay. I did find one that I really liked with a quote from The Hobbit, but it was misquoted, so I took it as inspiration and made my own:


I made a template with a sticker for the words, but I drew the compass free-hand (with a ruler of course). I'm a perfectionist, so that project was pretty nerve-wracking.

My last blog post was about my art-project, and I made more progress on it tonight:


Like I said, I'm a perfectionist, and I wasn't completely happy with what I did on the canvas two weeks ago or whatever it was. The more I looked at it, the less I liked it. Unfortunately I live in a small town where none of the stores believe in selling acrylic craft paint, so I had to order paint online and it finally arrived yesterday. After watching a couple of videos on Youtube, I tackled it again, this time with much better blending. 


I added the first details tonight: dandelions. I hope to add the text tomorrow, and have it finished. Then I will take actual good photos with my camera when I finish :)

Finally, the chair! It is almost finished! Mom and I made considerable progress last night. Don't let the photo fool you, it isn't quite finished; the only thing left to do is sew the front panel to the cushion piece, and then put a zipper in the back corner so that it will actually fit over the chair. Hopefully Mom and I can finish it tomorrow as well!


The only thing left is aprons for my roommates and I that one of my roommates asked me to make for us. I sincerely hope I can get them at least started, but based on everything I still have to do before I move back in, I don't know if I will get to them.

Grace and Peace,
Suz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment