Thursday, January 24, 2013

All Packed and (Nearly) Ready

Everything (except last minute things, like my computer) is packed. My life is now consolidated to a suitcase and two backpacks. I am completely amazed. I can't even do that when I move in at school. I was telling my coworkers earlier that I was worried about going over my weight limit with my checked bag, but I packed it all up and weighed it on the scale in the bathroom, which, might I say, was quite a task. First I weighed myself. Then I picked up my bag and checked the weight again to see how much the bag weighs. Sounds simple enough, but the bag isn't a normal suitcase. Oh no. It's a had backed duffel with wheels, which is surprisingly difficult to pick up while balancing on a scale. Nonetheless, I picked up the bag, and discovered that even though it feels much heavier than it was when I tried this last week (which gave me a minor heart-attack), it weighs exactly the same as it did: 40 pounds. That's amazing to me. My bag is packed full, so I expected it to be 51 pounds at least. But it's not!! My carry-on was packed a little too tight for my comfort. It absolutely HAS to fit, so I moved a few things from that backpack to the suitcase, so that should fit fine, and my suitcase is still under my weight limit. I'm thrilled. I still can't believe I did it. Now I have about an hour-and-a-half until I leave town to meet my roommate in Victorville, so I have to make my German helper-book! 

Grace and Peace,
Suzannah

No comments:

Post a Comment