Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Final Week!

Well, in one week I will be in Germany, probably exhausted from my long flight, but wide-awake from adrenaline and excited to be there. I leave here in the afternoon, and land in the morning, so I will have a full day ahead of me when I land. My flight to Germany will be the longest I have yet experienced, and it is a direct flight, 11 hours long. The longest flight I have endured was about 5 hours to New York with my dad while I was in high school. That was an overnight flight, and then Dad and I spent all morning and into the afternoon seeing New York City. It was so much fun, but by 4 o'clock when we got in the car to drive to New Haven (my uncle's house), we nearly fell asleep. It was a struggle to stay awake for the hour drive to New Haven. Based on this experience, I know that once I land and have something to do, I will be distracted from my tiredness, but in the afternoon I will probably fade fast. Hopefully since I have a longer flight this time around, I will get more sleep and be more ready to start the day. I suppose I will know in a week!

I told you in my last entry that I finally got a suitcase and a carry-on (praises!), so I did a "dry run." I packed just about everything that I plan on taking with me, save toiletries and makeup because I was too lazy, and not only did it all fit, my checked bag was only 40 pounds, and my carry-on was only about half-full. I will have plenty of room and weight allowance to get everything I need packed! I'm so glad. I still have never lived out of a suitcase, so I hope that I pack well enough for four months abroad. In spite of this relief of having my luggage situation straightened out, I am still having nightmares about packing. Last night's wasn't that it didn't all fit, but rather that I was leaving and was still discovering things I had forgotten to pack. Not small, fairly unimportant things, but things like my computer charger. It was terrible and frustrating. I don't like that I keep having these dreams. I hope I don't have any more.


Grace and Peace,

Suzannah

No comments:

Post a Comment